Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Focusing a split image

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No matter how hard I try,focusing a split image viewfinder to me is an impossible task without measuring.Anyone have any hot tips on this?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The technique I recall is zoom the lens all the way in and focus to infinity, zoom out to the wide angle position and adjust the viewfinder diopter.

    Rezoom the lens in to make sure the camera looks in focus, then zoom out and make sure that looks in focus as well.

    Another technique I have heard of is to keep both eyes open when looking through the viewfinder, but relax the eye that is not looking through the diopter rather than squinting it shut.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:


    Another technique I have heard of is to keep both eyes open when looking through the viewfinder, but relax the eye that is not looking through the diopter rather than squinting it shut.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Thanks,I had never heard of this technique,makes sense though.I have trouble with lens focus on split image anyway,probably due to my eyesight.I have to alter the eyepiece settings between when I'm wearing my contacts and when I'm not.

    I really need the Lasik surgery or whatever it is.Just waiting to when I can afford it.Having an astigmatism is a real challenge to anyone in the photographic field.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •